Hunt Valve, a fluid power engineering company specializing in severe-duty valves and components, has released wicket gate servomotors that are custom-manufactured to meet the highest quality and reliability requirements of hydro energy applications around the world. The company’s full line of specialty hydraulic cylinders combine proven sealing technology with state-of-the-art materials and construction.
“Our specialty hydraulic cylinders are utilized for the precise position control of machinery in severe-service environments in a wide range of industries—from primary metals to mining, material handling and power generation,” explained Brad Sterner, Hunt Valve’s president and CEO. “These products are uniquely designed to withstand the extreme pressures, heat, dirt, radiation and heavy structural loading found in these environments.”
Severe-duty applications for Hunt Valve’s specialty hydraulic cylinders include:
• Aluminum and steel furnace tilt cylinders
• Aluminum DC caster cylinders
• Brake cylinders
• Gate cylinders
• Nuclear fuel handling machines on CANDU reactors
• Shear cylinders for the primary metals industry
• Spherical shut-off valve opening and closing cylinder
• Spillway gate cylinders and wicket gate servomotors for power generation
Custom Designs and Features
Hunt Valve’s wicket gate servomotors include the following custom features as needed:
• Adjustable cushions
• Adjustable stroke limiters, hydraulic locking devices, angular pivoting piston rods and linear variable differential transformer (LVDT) position feedback, limit switches and stroke measurement systems
• High-performance sealing systems for low friction and a service long life
• Specialty cladding and heat treating for wear and corrosion resistance in harsh environments
Rapid, Reliable Remanufacturing
When Hunt Valve’s specialty cylinders require repair or reconditioning, customers can contact the company directly for rapid, reliable remanufacturing services. Upon request, Hunt Valve will quickly remanufacture its cylinders to like-new condition with a full warranty, extending the value and useful life of the product. Hunt Valve’s one-year warranty is far greater than many local repair shops that do not offer any warranty.
To learn more about Hunt Valve’s proprietary and build-to-print valves for critical service and industrial manufacturing applications, visit http://www.huntvalve.com/valves-for-critical-service/#sthash.FaMvaEv2.dpbs.
About Hunt Valve
Hunt Valve brings nearly 100 years of fluid power engineering innovations and solutions to a wide range of industrial and military customers. It specializes in severe-duty valves and complementary engineered components and system solutions for applications that include primary metals (steel, aluminum), energy (nuclear, hydro, downstream oil & gas), process (chemical) and U.S. Navy nuclear-powered vessels, including all submarines and carriers in operation as well as the Virginia Class, Ford Class and soon-to-be-in-production Ohio Replacement. To learn more about the Experts in Extreme Engineering, visit http://www.huntvalve.com.